I made the logo for this website in about 20 minutes.
I hope that’s kind of obvious when you look at it because it was entirely intentional.
I drew the lettering by hand with a Sharpie and took a photo of it with my iPhone. For the scribble marks I found a free-use .png image via a Google search. The rest was a few minutes of Photoshop manipulation, which went quickly because I’ve been using that program for like 18 years now (Jesus, 18 years?!).
The logo represents so many things about our lives right now.
- We don’t have time to make things perfect, so I’ve stopped trying. Or at least I’m trying to stop trying.
- We have small kids (ages 1 and 4) who make scribbles like that all the time… or at least the older one does.
- We’re trying to think outside the traditional confines that dictate what we should say or do and create something that’s uniquely ours.
- It’s messy, and so are our lives.
- People might not like it, and it won’t bother me at all. Honestly I don’t have time to care.
Daniella and I are embarking on a new chapter in our lives together with our joint business venture. It’s super exciting, but it’s also really scary.
We aren’t looking to create the perfect, Pinterest-worthy life for our family. That look actually makes me want to vomit in my mouth a little bit.
We like things that are messy because that means they’re real. We just want a little bit less of the mess and chaos that we’re coming from.
Hopefully by simplifying our lives and working towards the same professional goal we will accomplish that. I’m not sure exactly how, but I’ve got some ideas I think are pretty good. We’ll figure it out. We want it bad enough and I’m convinced the potential is there.
But maybe we’ll fail and that’s ok too. It won’t be a total failure. I’m sure we’ll learn some valuable lessons along the way.
Achieving perfection is a stupid dream. We just want something a little better.